Wow! What a busy summer it has been. Paul and I spent 3 days in PHX and then had one night at home to pack up and head to our Burch family reunion at Pine Basin lodge, (an old ski resort,) in Swan Valley ID., via girls camp in Big Bear CA! It was great to see the girls at camp and the WONDERFUL leaders and feel the strong Spirit there.
After spending one night in Provo with Grandma and Grandpa Jones (which was so nice...best bed and breakfast anywhere!) we headed on to SLC where we met Troy, Carli and the boys, at Costco. We bought our groceries for the reunion and then went on to Idaho Falls and met up with Grandma and Grandpa Burch and some of the family at the Stake 24th of July Party.
The next morning Paul and I both went to urgent care! I had a hole in my ear drum, he was wheezing and the allergies were killing us! They were laughing at us that a family reunion was that hard on us! I said "It's not the family OR the reunion it's just ALL that it takes to get there!! (Either that, or maybe we're just getting old..haha!!) We had a great time with all the Burch's that could be there. It was great to see everyone, the scenery was gorgeous and many enjoyed fishing, a huge slide, hiking and roaming around Jackson Hole and wonderful devotionals and games thanks to Aunties Gina and Joy..and great food thanks to everyone and especially Aunt Kay!
The next morning Paul and I both went to urgent care! I had a hole in my ear drum, he was wheezing and the allergies were killing us! They were laughing at us that a family reunion was that hard on us! I said "It's not the family OR the reunion it's just ALL that it takes to get there!! (Either that, or maybe we're just getting old..haha!!) We had a great time with all the Burch's that could be there. It was great to see everyone, the scenery was gorgeous and many enjoyed fishing, a huge slide, hiking and roaming around Jackson Hole and wonderful devotionals and games thanks to Aunties Gina and Joy..and great food thanks to everyone and especially Aunt Kay!
Grandpa Burch took us all to the Bar J Ranch in Jackson for a wonderful dinner/show in honor of Grandma Burch's 80th Birthday. It was great to be with everyone and celebrate with Grandma! I am just sad that I hardly got any pictures of the family...AND especially one of my tent...yes I actually slept (?) in a tent!!! (...and I won't tell you that Paul said it's a really good thing it was my ancestors that crossed the plains!! ) I am sad I didn't get more pictures but I was too busy playing with Jordan and Emmett!! Emmett is growing so fast and was packed around by about everyone at one time or another. He is adorable. Jordan kept telling everyone, as he would point to me, "That's my grandma". Then once he said "And I have another grandma in there (pointing at Great Grandma Burch in the kitchen)..and she loves me!" He also had a lot of fun "being scared" of the chipmunks and playing with his little cousins.
On the way home we got to have dinner with Dean, Terry, Ryan and little Ami, as well as G'ma G'pa Jones and then the next morning we headed up to Wallsburg UT (near Heber City) for an extended Burch Family picnic/reunion which was a lot of fun. Paul and I left after the picnic and got as far as St George. We stayed the night there, and went to a wonderful ward there on Sunday and then headed on home. We are so blessed to have such amazing families. They and the Great Plan of Happiness bring us so much joy!!
We were home one day and packed our bags to go to El Centro for work. Home a few days and then back to PHX and I left from there to go to ABQ to help with our little twin grandie babies!
I have new pics to post of them, but I need to go feed sweet lil' miss Kayloni so those will be my next post!
Welcome to the Bar J
Hayley and her friend Jeff horsin' around at the lodge.
Some of the crew at the Bar J waiting for dinner and show to start
No comments:
Post a Comment